04 August, 2014

Date Night: Shreveport Downtown


About a week ago Keith and I decided to a little date night reminiscent of our first date. We went downtown to a little restaurant/bar called The Blind Tiger, walked around Downtown Shreveport, and went on the Shreve Town Ghost Walk


The Blind Tiger was a surprisingly pleasant meal out, even as a vegetarian. I ended up simply getting a baked potato and some fried pickles. There was also the option to get "Quorn Po'boy." Quorn is a meat substitute which would have been fried for the Po'boy. Next time, I'll definitely try that, but I wasn't feeling very adventurous this time. I find that having that one vegetarian option on the menu made my meal out a much less stressful experience, despite not actually getting that option. The Blind Tiger definitely one of my more favorite date night restaurants now. Also, that drink is called a "Fuzzy Tiger" and it's not too bad, just very strong.


We ended our night with a nice little ghost walk. While I enjoyed the walk, I was a little disappointed. The stories told  were much more centered around the history of Shreveport than actual stories that are theorized to have caused hauntings. There was actually very little talk of hauntings in general. Those ghost stories that were told were very ill-explained. More or less, this was a history walk that told of some reports of activity with not much background/reasoning and told stories that could have caused hauntings without actual reports of activity. I did really enjoy the walk, it just was not what I expected.

It was such an amazing date. Somehow, ghost walk dates are kind of our thing.

What's your favorite date night idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment