04 July, 2014

Bonus Friday #1


I hope your week has been well! Mine's been fairly slow work wise and fairly insane otherwise! On this lovely Friday, I'm straying away from my normal posting schedule (Mondays and Wednesdays) to share a little something extra with you.



This Month, I've decided to take on a few different tasks/challenges/activities outside of my normal. One of these is Camp NaNoWriMo! For those who don't know, way back in November 2012 I participated in the National Novel Writing Month (see my write up here). I'm still very proud to say that my first ever NaNoWriMo was a success! But that was almost two years ago now and I've not been able to pen another novel since! So, here we go with another NaNoWriMo Challenge, Camp NaNoWriMo!

Camp NaNoWriMo is quite a bit different than November's challenge. Most noticeable is the ability to set your own word-count goals! Because I managed 50,000 words in a month last time, this time I'm aiming for 52,000 words for my second novel in the series! 2,200 words down, 49,800 left to go!


Secondly, I'm participating in the first month of the NovelTea Book Club, hosted over at My Life as a Teacup. ook for the month of July is Mr. Penumbra's 24-hour Bookstore. So far so good. I really am loving the facebook group where we have the discussions about the books. There are so many wonderful people participating with so many interesting ideas and things to say that I love getting on the page 100% of the time!

What big things are you wanting to accomplish this month? Are you participating in the NovelTea Book Club or Camp NaNoWriMo?

No comments:

Post a Comment