23 June, 2014

Mantra Monday: Don't Be Sorry (A.k.a The Beginning)

Hello and welcome to another lovely Monday morning! Over the weekend I decided to take on the challenge to "fix" or help myself with things I know I struggle with. So, Mantra Monday has been born!
Mantra(n.) : a sound, word, or phrase that is repeated by someone who is praying or meditating
: a word or phrase that is repeated often or that expresses someone's basic beliefs
Mantra, in the way I'm using it here, is something that is repeated frequently. For my first weekly Mantra I've chosen something I truly know I need to work on and have been told I need to work on, which is say "sorry" for anything. Hiccuped? "I'm sorry." Someone bumps into me entirely outside of my control? "I'm sorry." According to Keith, I even say "I'm sorry" in my sleep! So today, the first day of the first week of my weekly Mantras, I will not be sorry. Instead of apologizing for something I didn't do, I will say silently to myself "Don't be sorry."

What would you like to work on this week? Will you join me in creating a Mantra this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment